Fire causes evacuations at Kiama leagues Club

August 22, 2023 10:00 am in by
Image: Fire and Rescue NSW

A fire in the basement of Kiama Leagues Club has forced its evacuation and closure on Sunday afternoon.

Emergency services were called to the Terralong Street venue just after 3.30pm with reports a clothes dryer was well alight.

At least 50 people were evacuated from the premises due to heavy smoke filling the club.

Article continues after this ad

Quick thinking staff shut the door to the basement which Fire and Rescue NSW said stopped the flames spreading.