Shoalhaven News

Holiday homes needed for bushfire affected residents

helping 4661809 960 720

Residents who have a holiday home in a fire affected area are being urged to make their properties available to house people who need support.

The State Government is willing to pay market rent aswell as the bond.

Minister for Community Services Gareth Ward says unfortunately some people have lost everything and are living in motels, tents and sheds.

Interested people are being asked to contact their local Real Estate agent.

For further information head to:

And people who are in need of housing assistance because of the bushfires should call the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444 or visit their local Department of Communities and Justice Housing office.