A man and a woman are due in court today charged over multiple alleged police pursuits and alleged car-jackings between Goulburn and Parramatta.
Just after 4pm yesterday, Police spotted a stolen Toyota Hilux speeding on the Federal Highway south of Goulburn.
The male driver failed to stop with road spikes used at Marulan.
The vehicle continued onto Brayton Road when the driver and his female passenger got out and allegedly threatened a couple and their baby with a shortened firearm.
The pair then fled in the family’s Ford Territory before crashing into a guard rail at a Sutton Forest service station.
They then threatened a woman and two teenage girls with the firearm before stealing their Ford Focus.
About 4.30pm, the car was seen on the Hume Highway at Yanderra (north of Mittagong).
Officers initiated a short pursuit but it was terminated due to safety concerns.
Just before 6pm the vehicle was involved in a collision with three other cars along Narellan Road at Mount Annan.
About an hour later the vehicle was spotted at Parramata and the pair were arrested and taken to Parramatta Police Station.
They were charged with the following:
A 33-year-old man has now been charged with 10 offences,
• Robbery while armed with dangerous weapon (two counts)
• Possess shortened firearm without authority
• Threaten injure person in company with intent indictable offence (two counts)
• Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period
• Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous
• Police pursuit – not stop - drive dangerously (two counts), and,
A 31-year-old woman has been charged with five offences,
• Robbery while armed with dangerous weapon in company (two counts)
• Threaten injury to person with intent commit indictable offence (two counts), and,
• Common assault.
The man and woman, who are both from Dubbo, have been refused bail and are due to appear at Parramatta Local Court today.
IMAGE CREDIT: NSW Police