Power-949-Hero-Header-Yaz.jpg

MCDONALDS SERVED CLEANING SOLUTION IN A LATTE TO A PREGNANT LADY


workingatmcd.jpg
A pregnant mum stopped in the McDonald's drive-thru for a quick coffee break during the day. She took one sip and had to pull over to spit it out.

When she turned around and went back to the store to complain, a staff member told her that "two cleaning lines were hooked up to the coffee machine."

The woman then contacted Alberta Health Services' Health Link poison control where she was told she was very lucky because she never actually swallowed it.1485169518_c7372245.jpg

A McDonald's spokeswoman issued an apology saying “what happened is that the machine was being cleaned as it is every morning. Unfortunately, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made,”  she said.

McDonald'd claims to have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and that they have also put up extra signage to remind staff members.