Philanthropy Assistant4th August 2022
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- $50,000 - $60,000
The Philanthropy Assistant will support the work of the Head of Development in establishing and maintaining a strong flow of donor funds to Bundanon. The position holder will work from Bundanon’s Riversdale premises at Illaroo.
Bundanon is at an important stage of its philanthropic donor engagement. This Philanthropy Assistant role is a rare and valuable opportunity to join the staff of a leading and extraordinary Australian cultural institution, at a point where its philanthropic activity is in an early and dynamic stage of growth.
- A relevant qualification in one of these areas (or similar) – business, communications, marketing, arts administration or museum studies. Completed or current students may apply.
- An existing understanding, or a willingness to learn about, the process of building donor relationships, and an enthusiasm to progress in a development career
- Database experience: capacity to learn new computer systems quickly, if prior experience is not with Client Relationship Management (CRM) databases in particular
- Strong written and research skills, which are essential for contributing to grant applications and donor communications. Prior experience with writing grant applications and/or donor communications is highly desirable
- Close attention to detail and a professional approach across all work tasks
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills. An enthusiastic and friendly manner, with a great skill to work in a team and to balance multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- A clear understanding of the need for integrity, discretion and confidentiality in philanthropy work
- Willingness to work flexible hours on occasion, when required
- Knowledge of WHS and Equal Opportunity, and commitment to learn about, and work within, other legislation relevant to the role